Stop Industrial Menhaden Fishing in the Chesapeake Bay. VSSA along with a numerous national and local partners have begun a campaign to stop the industrial fishing of menhaden in the Chesapeake Bay. We want all industrial, purse-sein fishing of menhaden to happen in coastal waters NOT the Chesapeake Bay. Please join VSSA in this endeavor by signing this petition. While you are here we are stronger together so please join VSSA for only $25 and donate to our cause as this fight will not be easy. We need all anglers united in this effort to be successful.
The Virginia Saltwater Sportfishing Association’s (VSSA) purpose is to provide a strong voice in all matters relating to saltwater fishing and safeguard the right to fish recreationally.
The VSSA Goals:
• Unite Virginia Saltwater anglers, both recreational and charter, for all fisheries
• Communication with all members of VSSA will be a high priority to ensure input is
dispersed and received to represent the interests of Virginia Salt Water Anglers.
• Keep members informed of all fishery related issues and represent the positions of VSSA members at the various local, state, and federal levels.
• Protect Virginia marine, boat and tackle industry jobs.
• Ensure the long-term sustainability of Virginia’s fisheries.
• Work to prevent unsustainable and damaging fishing, including fishing done on an industrial scale that damages our fishery and ecosystem.
• Support and maintain communication with local Virginia fishing clubs.