We are asking everyone to write a letter to the Governor’s office about menhaden. You can write your own or just print this letter, sign and mail. We want to flood the Governor’s office will letters. We want our Governor to take action now to protect the bay. Letter to Governor – print, sign and mail. For additional information about menhaden click here for our menhaden page.
The Virginia Saltwater Sportfishing Association’s (VSSA) purpose is to provide a strong voice in all matters relating to saltwater fishing and safeguard the right to fish recreationally.
The VSSA Goals:
• Unite Virginia Saltwater anglers, both recreational and charter, for all fisheries
• Communication with all members of VSSA will be a high priority to ensure input is
dispersed and received to represent the interests of Virginia Salt Water Anglers.
• Keep members informed of all fishery related issues and represent the positions of VSSA members at the various local, state, and federal levels.
• Protect Virginia marine, boat and tackle industry jobs.
• Ensure the long-term sustainability of Virginia’s fisheries.
• Work to prevent unsustainable and damaging fishing, including fishing done on an industrial scale that damages our fishery and ecosystem.
• Support and maintain communication with local Virginia fishing clubs.